About Byte Lab
Byte Lab is a product development company that helps other companies explore new ideas and develop cutting-edge products. From the world’s most expensive smartwatch and advanced smart textile wearables to the high-reliability industrial telemetry solutions, we are at the forefront of technology and of what is possible with today’s embedded systems. We accomplish this by always striving to learn new skills, conquering new technologies, and by constantly investing in our team.
What you will do as an Embedded Software Developer:
- Program ARM-based MCUs (mostly ST, Nordic, Silabs)
- Research new technologies
- Develop Embedded Linux applications
- Develop RTOS or “Bare Metal” applications
- Develop and maintain Byte Lab embedded libraries
- Collaborate with the HW team to create software-optimized designs
- Use version control and DevOps tools
- Create tests for device verification
- Write bootloaders
- Participate in code review, control of code quality
- Work on several different projects a year
- Be part of the IoT movement
- Are passionate about embedded systems
- Good knowledge of the C or C++ programming language
- Firsthand experience in embedded software development
- An MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or proven equivalent experience
- Some knowledge of the Linux environment
- Very good knowledge of English
- Full-time availability (or you will be soon)
Bonus points for:
- Some knowledge of hardware design
- Experience with SPI, I2C, ADC, USB, RS232, CAN, RFID, BLE, WiFi, LoRa, Sigfox, Zigbee etc.
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with cloud communication technologies such as MQTT, CoAP, Rest, Protocol buffer, JSON, etc.
- Understanding RTOS concepts (FreeRTOS, Zephyr OS, mbedOS, etc)
What’s in it for you
Come with us on this great journey!
In Byte Lab, you will be surrounded by young and curious professionals who love new challenges and appreciate a relaxed working atmosphere. Your days will be dynamic and interesting as you will always have the opportunity to learn new skills and integrate new tools. And no, that is not a euphemism for long hours.
- Highly competitive salary
- An opportunity to work on cutting-edge designs for a wide range of industries
- Mentoring by an engineer who has 10+ years of experience
- Education through seminars, webinars, fairs, and literature
- Paid additional health insurance (Annual general medical examination included)
- Free parking space
- Paid sick leave
If you got to the end of this section, we already have something in common! We encourage you to check out our open positions and apply – you never know where the opportunity awaits!